Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Helllo everyone. Feel free to share this with others.

I'll get my 3 chemo round on Friday, then Sat and Sun (in patient at Huntsman). My cell counts have been low, that is why its been a few weeks since I've had chemo.

Then, the 2 week of June, they will start to harvest my bone marrow. They will take my stem cells and freeze them, they will also decide if they can use my stem cells or if things will work better if they use my brothers stem cells. He is a match.

Then, after my cell counts come up I'll get my 4th chemo.

After cell counts come back up, I'll go into the hospital (for a month) and then recieve chemo for 6 days straight. This is the one that will kill my bone marrow, white blood cells. Then I get 1 day of rest, then they will give me my stem cells back.
I have to be monitored for then next few weeks to make sure everything is going well. My body is creating white cells, bone marrow is growing.
During this time I'm at risk for infection, getting sick, and having my body reject the stem cells. Patients have died due to their body rejecting the stem cells during and after having a bone marrow transplant. This does make me nervous, they almost killing me, then saving my life.

We are all in the Lord's hands through our entire life so I shouldn't be scared. He is watching over all of us and blessing and helping us.This is getting my attention. I do have faith that everything will be fine. I'll also get a priesthood blessing before the 6 days of chemo. I just take things one day at a time.
I'm very grateful to all the support my family and I are recieving, we don't have room to recieve it.

Hopefully this is helpful info. I'm never sure what people want to know or how much they want to know.

Thanks for your support.

God does live. Jesus did suffer for our sins and pains. The church is true. We do have living prophet Pres. Thomas S. Monson. The Book of Mormon is true. The priesthood is real. And cancer sucks.

Stew

3 comments:

pammy said...

Thanks for the update Stew!!! I love reading about what is going on and your strong testimony!! We are all in the Lord's hands daily and we just never know what HIS plan is for us! Keep the faith!! You are in our prayers!!! XOXOXO Chris & Pam

Matt and Mari said...

We are thinking of you often! I agree cancer sucks.

bballisbob said...

Stew, Thank you for sharing. There are a lot of people here that care about you and are praying for your quick and healthy recovery. We'll keep tabs on you and you can't share to much when it comes to this. Keep writing and sharing. Bob